Kyle posted something, so of course I need to bump him out of the top spot. As a consolation, I’ll attempt to truncate this post, so it’s still possible to see Kyle’s clip of the day headline (i.e., you need to click “Read more” to see this entire post).
More importantly, the Fifth episode of Laser Cats came out last weekend, so of course, now it’s time to rank all five. All told they’re awesome, and I recommend watching them all now:
[Note, this is where you click "Read more" to keep reading. So click "Read more", and keep reading. Also: SPOILER ALERT]
Without further ado, here’s my take on the best episodes in the Laser Cats saga:
5) Laser Cats 1- Hard to believe but they all get better after number 1. Although, Linday Lohan’s part in this episode is A LOT funnier now (some 3-4 years later).
4) Laser Cats 3 - By episode three, the series (understandably) drags a little. But the “politics” opening, and the puppy / cat fight scene is pretty good. Also, Christopher Walken has a great character, too.
3) Laser Cats 4 – Great puns, and Steve Martin’s “D’you get that it’s King Lear?” makes for a great finish.
2) Laser Cats 2 – Great all around. Notably starts to make better fun of low-budget special effects.
1) Laser Cats 5 – takes the cake. It moves fast, and the James Cameron cameo is great. Sigorney Weaver’s dialogue vaults this one into the top spot.
Now that you’ve read my take, check them out for yourself. Here they are embedded, in order from 1st to 5th.
Laser Cats 1 – Note: add this to the growing pile of reasons why Hulu is dumb: episodes 2 through 5 are on Hulu, but for episode 1 you have to go to nbc.com. Inane. Bitching aside, here it is:
Laser Cats 2 -
Laser Cats 3
Laser Cats 4
Laser Cats 5
. . . and if you’ve made it this far, record your vote for the best Laser Cats episode here: