It was suggested to me that I post the Top 5 Pizza Places in Dallas. This list is specific to restaurants in the DFW area that are not national chain restaurants. By the way, I could use more suggestions for top 5 lists or food places to try.
5. Pizza by Marco – The crust is thin and crispy. The toppings are fresh and piled on. All in all a very solid pizza.
4. Sal’s – The pizza is classic New York style, but it’s the stromboli that bumps this restaurant into the top 5.
3. Andrea’s Pizza – They make a standard New York style pizza, but it wouldn’t make a top 5 lists. However, get the thick crust and somehow the pizza is three times better.
2. Grimaldi’s Pizzeria – If you haven’t tried this then you should take a trip to uptown and try a slice of heaven. Maybe it has to do with the coal brick oven they use.
1. Chicago Street Pizza – The BEST Chicago style pizza in town. If you’re not sure what Chicago style pizza is then let me describe it the best way I can. Thick thick crust topped with layers of cheese and toppings, then covered with pizza sauce. It’s amazing!